Full Bleed Comics And Culture Quarterly Volume 2
If you thought FULL BLEED Volume 1 was full of amazing content, wait until you see the Deep Cuts in Volume 2!
An exclusive interview with industry legend Walter Simonson, with never-before-seen sketches from the master himself! An interview with Gilbert & Jaime Hernandez of Love & Rockets fame! A political rant with spot illustrations from the inimitable Bob Fingerman! An interview with, and feature on, the fantastical Nnedi Okorafor! All that, plus new comic content, new fiction, personal essays on punk rock, comic art in museums, famous war photographers, and much, much more.
Full Bleed is a brand-new quarterly, PRINT-ONLY 200-page hardcover "magazine," curated and edited by IDW Publishing's Dirk Wood and Ted Adams. By merging the best in comics, fiction, non-fiction, deep dive interviews, opinion, history, think-pieces and more, FULL BLEED will be a reading experience like no other, and a beautiful artisan addition to any bookshelf. Looking through an international lens, but filtered through the unique perspective of the IDW:PDX satellite office in Portland, Oregon, FULL BLEED will tackle all aspects of the creative culture, and beyond-comics, music, film, tv, fine art, photography, design, politics and more.
- "The Watering Shed," a brand-new short story featuring Hap & Leonard from award-winning novelist Joe Lansdale!
- A new comic story from the creator of Surfside Girls, Kim Dwinell!
- "Creating Dangerously," an essay on Guy Coldwell and controversial art by Bob Leven!
- "Archival Quality: An interview with Christina "Steenz" Stewart and Ivy Weir" by Jen Vaughn!
- "Uncharted," a short story by Benjamin Percy with spot illustrations by Brent Schoonover!
- ... and much, much more!
Editors: Dirk Wood / Ted Adams
Publisher: IDW Publishing
Page Count: 128pp
Size: 9 x 11
Notes: hardcover, color
Date of Publication: July 18, 2018